• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

99 King Quad 4wd issue

perchking

Not sure what is going on but I have a KQ 300 1999 that the axles free up all the time in the winter or when it is below freezing. I have brought it to a dealership and of course they told me this was notorious for this model and try to sell me an upgrade. Well I have just dealt with it because we get so much snow here in the UP of Mich, wheelers in the winter are pretty much useless anyway. Well to the real issue, I had to move it the other day and the front/back wheels were frozen solid, so I fired up the salamander like I have done 100 times left it run for about 10 minutes and it was fine. Then I tried to put it into 4wd and nothing. So not sure if the 4wd was still froze up or what. I am not going to deal with it until spring anyways but has any one ever had an issue like this?

Thanks in advance...

I had a 98' King Quad ( just traded in for a new one ). I never had that problem but something similar. It would occasionally freeze up if I left it in gear while trailer it someplace. Getting it in neutrol and pushing it out of the trailer did the trick. Was never told this was a common problem, but never had it fixed either.