• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

jigging rapala

Farley

I was wondering how well those jigging Rapalas work. Do the fish bite similar to that of a sweedish pimple? And do you tip it with a minnow head? I've never used these but would like to try it this weekend in the big EXTRAVAGANZA.

I use these and the Nils Master and Baby Shads alot.

At this point in the season I'd use the Nils Baby Shad or a #5 Jigging Rapala. I usually take off the bottom hook and replace it with a #8 Treble and hang a Fathead Head on it. I also sharpen the nose and tail hooks.

In stained water use a Glo-style and in clear water something with flash. I use the Perch pattern on the big pond for Sumo Perch and 'Eyes if you go there.

------------------
Chells

I tried ir for the first time yesterday and was inmpressed. I was catchin a few crappies with a minnow head on the bottom treble and then i started gettin lines on the vex that wouldn't bite. I thought they were sunnies so i reeled up, put a waxworm on instead of the minnow head and cought 10 bluegills in 1/2 an hour on it. Bait was on the bottom treble. I was using the smallest rapala too.

I have never used jigging raps, or Nils Masters very much. I want to concentrate on using them more. I have would like to hear some input on cutting the front and rear hooks off, changing the trebels (larger) and peoples opinions on tiping with bait. (waxies, minnow heads, whole minnows) Also want peoples opinion on jigging after the fish shows up on the vex and moves in to the jig.

------------------