• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

tightening up suspension

Ryan_V

I would like to click my rear suspension up a notch or 2 for the winter, I got the tool to do it with the wheeler, but how is the proper way to do it??? anyone that can help, I'd appreciate it!!

For Polaris machines, you'll need to remove the rear tires. For other brands you maybe be able to wthout removing tires. Place spanner wrench on and turn. You may have to place a pipe on the handle in order to gain some torque, too.

thanks dave, so I just put the wrench on and turn?? do I need to jack it up and have the weight off of it?? I have a cat 700. the only reason I want tighten it up is that for ice fishing, I always have a passenger on the back and that makes it squat at the setting i'm on now.

nice machine you have at the show!!! I used your otter box as a reference when ordering mine!!

Good to hear about that Monster Box! You'll love it.

I jacked it up and took the wheels off to adjust mine.....just made it easier than trying to work around the tires, plus you are releasing the tension on the coil-over spring. Spray some lube on the adjuster so it'll move to the next notch a little easier, but mine is a Grizzly so it might be a different set-up than that Cat.