• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Photo Sharing... Panfish on Ice!!!

Corey Bechtold

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, thought I'd share my report from this weekend. Been out to this spot a couple other times and did fairly well out of there. Only difference was this was the morning. Wasn't sure how it was going to go. Well, the going was good. I was using my old chipper auger and that sucked to drill holes but it was worth it. Fishing was steady up to 9:30. Caught a bunch of crappies and a few sunnies thrown in. Today, they took pretty much anything. Started off using ratsos, pink and white, but switched to a chartuse power minnow and started catching some bigger ones. Also, a bonous catch on the power minnow was a 9.5" sunny. I was pleasanltly surprised and in awe that it fit in its mouth. I wish I'd gotted a pic of that. Ended out the day with three crappies and two sunnies. A nice way to start off a beautiful Sunday.

>

Jim, you have me all figured out. I was sore from drilling holes, so there was no way I could pull up a monster 9 inch gill. I am glad you know what I was going through Jim, thanks buddy!!! ;\)

Not that I am ready for open water yet (cause my favorite time of the year for fishing panfish is late ice and will soon be here) but I got this green sunfish in open water. There was people icefishing less than 100 yards away.

icefpoint094vo4.jpg