• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Getting ready!

I haven't been posting very much at all-research papers/oral reports/Thanksgiving/LIFE sometimes gets in the way! We're patching some holes in the ice houses and re-spooling our ice reels this weekend but will be out fishing the little lake across from the cabin Saturday evening (hopefully!) I can't wait I just wish I had my ARCTIC ARMOR! Ok I'll stop whining-nobody likes a whiner. grin.gif

What's up with everyone else? Any plans for fishing this weekend too? Waiting for thicker ice or any ice on your favorite lake?

Been busy getting ready laugh.gif - out scouting the local lakes, may try and get out this sat. Traded in my 9 yr old wheeler for a new one this last spring and can't wait to get it on the ice tongue.gif - but that may be a few weeks yet down here. Maiden trip may be the Fish lk get together.

700 Susuki King quad. grin.gif Traded in a 98' Suzuki 300 King Quad. Loved that machine, but it stranded me on a few lakes last year after a couple of big snow falls. The ground clearance was not good, and some work needed to be done on the engine. I need a wheeler for work around the cabin and of course ICE FISHING, sooo got a new one grin.gifgrin.gif

Nice! Big 4 wheelers aren't they? We used to have a Suzuki quad racer a LONG time ago (in high school!)but it was really sporty and definitely not for hauling stuff. We have a Yamaha Big Bear and really like it. We still have some prep stuff to do before we get out and it doesn't sound like the ice is quite ready where we want to fish either. One more weekend and then we're good to go!

i will be headed to talmoon area friday nite. i am confident i will have five to seven inches of ice on one of the two lakes im thinking about spearing on. decisions/decisions. by the way how much snow is up there, is there any snow forecasted in any huge amounts for this weekend?

glenn,

We were up there last weekend and there wasn't much snow at all. There is a 40% chance of snow on Saturday and 50% chance on Saturday night in the Deer River area but I don't know how much is forecasted. I hope your spearing works out-give a report on Monday and if we get out I will report also.

BWCA hunting and fishing forum... but i think i shouldn't say more.. it isn't nice to talk about another forum on a forum..i had it up for 10 years, been down for a few years now..but thats enough about that don't want to get in trouble ya know...

Yeah it seems the ladies are busy..maybe they are out fishing?

I thought someone was going up to the cabin?

maybe i was wrong?

Well I'm heading back to the cabin tomorrow night. I live in an older house here in Carlton so I've been putting plastic on my windows-a little late I know but at least it's getting done! Have a couple more to do. It is a busy time of the year or maybe everyone's Christmas shopping-I know I have to!

Hey glenn,

They just posted a Winter Storm Warning for the Deer River area now for this weekend. I just checked the Duluth area weather too and they are forecasting 8 inches possibly with 30 mph winds! Can anyone say BIG DRIFTS? Drive safe back home on Sunday glenn57.

lisatealz, thanks for the info. watched channel 5 news tonite at 6pm they said its to early to tell were exactly the storms going to head but deer river area my be at the north end of things, i hope. talked witd george at the bait shop on hwwt 2 east end of deer river henever mentioned anything serious about snow and hes been really good to me about info. his info seems to be pretty accurate.

Well I didn't get out fishing since the chores took forever! We patched our canvas fishhouse and it looks good. I watched 4 people walk out on the lake we intended to fish on during a lull in the snow but we'll be out next weekend!! I think we got about 9 inches in the Deer River area?? Then we drove back to Carlton today and had even more snow to clear! How was everyone else's snowy weekend?

lisa, if you head that way even if its in a week or to post back what kind of conditions you encountered up there. i dont forsee getting up there until new years weekend. sure wish i could figure out how to get those faces into my posts. there really cool.

glenn57,

I'll give a report every weekend we get on the ice but I doubt this weekend we'll get out. To get those little faces all you have to do is click on the Instant Graemlins below the big blue "post" box where you type your messages and then just click their little faces and they will show up wherever your blinking cursor line is. Just click the face cool.gifsmile.gifgrin.gif and there they are! The little faces above the blue message (post) box are for when you post and want a little face to the left of your subject line. I still don't know how to post pics but I'll have to read jimalm's post over and over to get it right!