• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bonehead Move

chunkytrout

Last season I put my shack at a buddy's in somewhat of a stupor. Went to get it today for trout opener prep and realized I didn't put her up on blocks. 2- 10' 2x8"s glued to the frozen earth about 2 inches into the soil!!! 1 massive Bosch hammer drill and two cracked skids later, we got her out. GRRRR!

Ah Yes I too have learned that lesson a few years back.
I dedided that hooking a tow strap around the whole works and a good yank would free the house up. smile.gif
You guessed it the house came free just fine, its the floor that did not come with!
DOH!!

Heh, heh,
did the same thing out on the ice this year.
put it out on a smaller lake on that windy windy day, drilled 4 holes and packed it up good with the slushy ice thinking, Ya, that'll holder from the wind,
should be interesting when time to pull it off,
Oh well, need to replace the floor anyway

Done that too.

Didn't know to jerk house loose from ice every week or 2, went to move it, there was 4" of ice all the way around.
A guy was cutting firewood on shore and it gave me the idea. Went home, got my chainsaw, and 15minutes after it was moving to new fishing spot.

How about this one, last year we stored our 2-8'x12''s one infront of the other. I'll explain, pulled the first one off the trailer and put it we're it was going to be stored, then hooked a chain onto the first house and pulled the 2nd house off the trailer, fell right into place. Came this fall, broke the first one off the blocks but wouldn't move forward with my truck, so snap it harder right, after 4-5 hard snaps I was baffled, went and checked everything, to find the chain was still hooked between the two houses. DAHH what a dumba$$ I felt like

------------------
Get 'er done

A few years ago my dad let his house freeze in out on the lake. The house was homemade out of aluminum sheets we were able to get at the time. It was an old house that was in tough shape to begin with, but he basically cut it in half trying to remove it from the ice. It ended up in a pile behind one of the pole barn sheds.

Come July that year we had one of the big wind storms and it caused a lot of damage on the farm. The insurance adjuster was out and asked what the pile was. Dad said 'fish house'. The adjuster scribbled on his paper and replied '$250??'

He ended up getting $250 for something that cost him $100 to build, lasted 12 years, was destroyed because he let it freeze in and just simply didn't get trashed properly.

MNice, thank you for saying something about that. What is with people and scamming Insurance companies?? I know Ins. screws me hard every month, and YES I would like to screw them back but think about it.

morris

Morriscode, I agree, I HATE paying the high rates, I have $1200 due Feb. 1st for 6 months of car insurance frown.gif But, screwing them only screws everybody!! They just pass the costs along and build a bigger office! It's one of those no-win situations.

Jeff.

[This message has been edited by MNice (edited 01-13-2003).]

That is terrible....

I was involved in a preety good accident last winter on the way to go ice fishing. Guy fell asleep and t boned my F150. We were travelling 55 when he hit us.

This could have been a nice pay day for both of us. But in reality neither if us got hurt....we were lucky!

Pays to play nice and be honest....only costs everybody in the long run.