• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

It's time to gear up!!

Grant Pearson

okay guys, it's the middle of November and as I'm writing this, it's lightly snowing out..... It's that time of year when I can't wait for the water to harden up so I can look down that little hole and wait for that bobber to go down!!! It's time to start gearing up for ice fishing!!!!

My thoughts exactly, I took out the ice rods yesterday and started cleaning them and making sure everything is ok. Anybody get some new panfish or crappie toys yet?

I loaded my box with CJ&S ratso and shrimpos after success with them last year and I can't wait to get my order of hair jigs from a certain crappie catching member here laugh.gif. This year I also got a clam jr. and aquaview, now I just need ice.

I just saw we should be in the teens withing 9 days and with the smaller holes freezing up ,we are at the cusp of ice fishing.

Sorry Cory ,but it'll be time to fire up the auger very soon.

A few new spools of line and a test run with the portable and I'm ready.

The batteries for the locators are all charged,the auger fired on the second pull and my box is full of jigs.

It's time to rear boyz!!!

Haha, I remember last year lakes started getting some ice in late october, the icefishers were getting excited, then we got a warming trend and had open water til almost newyears! grin.gif Crappiekeith should have ice by the end of the month way up north though.... wink.gif

Quote:

Haha, I remember last year lakes started getting some ice in late october, the icefishers were getting excited, then we got a warming trend and had open water til almost newyears!
grin.gif
Crappiekeith should have ice by the end of the month way up north though....
wink.gif

Ya bud!

That 1 hole is froze over. Waiting for it to thicken up.

We are looking at the low teens next week.

That'll make ice!

Alright, after the Ice Frenzy show I finally got the itch to look at my Ice fishing stuff. I still think I'll get out in the boat but till then I'm getting my gear ready. smirk.gif

Look at the top of the page and we'll get things started for this year's Ice fishing season. cool.gif

Good fishing,

Corey Bechtold