• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hey Buzzsaw!

Mike,

I spent some time today looking through your online Pbase Gallery. I have to just say I am very impressed with the quailty of our images. I absolutley loved the white wolves.

Paul

Thanks, Paul! I appreciate you taking the time to look and to take the time to comment. smile.gif I will be adding a new gallery in the next few weeks as I'm taking a photography trip to Arizona and Utah this Friday into the middle part of next week that should make for a few decent captures. Those wolf shots have actually been pretty successful for me, I was lucky enough to get the September cover shot on the US Fish & Wildlife services online bulletin, that link can be found on my home page and they make mentoion of the shot on page three of that bulletin. Once again, thanks for looking & commenting, Paul. cool.gif

Buzzsaw,

Have you been to Arizona before? My hubby and I, along with another couple are flying to Arizona on Friday to attend the races in Phoenix. We will have Monday to do some sightseeing before flying back on the redeye. It would be great if I could get some pictures of cacti for my kids, since they grow it for the county fair. Any idea of places to hit not far from Phoenix?

Thanks!

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn, I have been to Arizona before, however it's been since about 1986! TOO LONG. shocked.gif I'll be dropping down in Phoenix Friday night late and heading about 90 minutes north to Camp Verde for the night, then Saturday a trip to beautiful Sedonna to hit Cathedral Rock, Bell Rock, Coffeepot Rock, Red Rock Tree, Montezumas Castle, Lone Pine and Oak Creek for the fall colors. I would recommend you doing this as well as it's really not too far north of Phoenix hopefully. More details to our trip... dinner in Flagstaff, road trip up to Kayenta near the Utah border for the Monument Valley and Mexican Hat & Lake Powell scene... next day onto Page, Az for the Antelope Canyons, the Wave and other area's. It's like the Grizzwalds National Lampoon Vacation!! Only with friends, not the family. grin.gifshocked.gif

When I was in Pheonix about 8-9 years ago, we found several Cacti growing everywhere in between Pheonix and Apache Junction. Just thought I would throw in my 2 cents worth.

I had taken several dozen shots of the desert which are no longer in existance thanks in part to my ex-wife. Guess it will just give me reason to go back again. As most people realize, your pictures get better with each shot you take. I look back to shots I took only one year ago to stuff I took today. Big difference.

Have fun in AZ you guys. make sure you post us some pics please.

Quote:

Hmmm. We are flying out pretty late on Friday night as well. I will print off your destinations, and bring that along. Thanks for the info!

If your on the 9:30 flight outbound, say hello to the guy in seat 3D.... that would be me. smile.gif

Paul, I'll be sure and post a few I'm sure. grin.gif

We're closer to the back of the bus. Row 34. grin.gif I'll be the one that is taking a lot of grief from my hubby and friends about flying - I don't like it.

Our friends wanted to go hiking on Monday, so we'll see if we can hit some of the places mentioned. Should be fun!