• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

More Steel and Foliage...

Did another trip looking for salmon and steelies. My dad and I had a great time, we both went 2-7 on steelies plus hooked many salmon. Took a few other random picts and I should have taken more(was too busy fishing).

Heres one from the morning of the "gorillas in the mist". My dads the 4th dude up...

dsc00615ps4.jpg

Nothings better than fresh steelies on a flyrod...

dsc00618fp4.jpg

Dad with a dime bright chromer...

dsc00625fs8.jpg

A shot of him working a piece of water as the suns hitting the trees...

dsc00620mg9.jpg

Thanks guys! Im one of the luckiest wide-eyes around. My dads my best friend and I have spent more time hunting, fishing, and outdoors with him than should be allowed. Deer, turkey, smallgame, archery, trout, walleyes, panfish, salmon, icefishing, mushroom hunting, golf, softball - there is no off season...

Fished for an hour yesterday till the rain got to us. Took this picture at the spot Yakfisher visited. Caught a few small rainbows...

dsc00628nq6.jpg

Redstormy - No secret to where we were, the Salmon River in Pulaski NY. If your bored at work do some searches on the area. Huge runs of salmon and steel plus lake effect snow like mad. Last year they got 130 inches in one storm!

We primarily C&R the fish up there. For my taste I got too many perch and walleye filets to choose from...

May I ask how you prepaired the steelies?

The places you fish look so cool so keep posting shots as long as it dose not interfere with fishing. Personally some of those salmon would just have to hit either the smoker or the cedar planks grin.gif I would wish you good luck but I don't think you need it wink.gif

I broil filets.

Make sure you either grease or spray your broiler pan.

That skin can be like glue. Brush the Filets with

teryaki sauce

(I like the thick stuff) and lightly sprinkle

with lemon pepper in that order.

Broil the filet or filets for about 25 minutes. They

make great sandwiches for you lunch the next day too.

My husband loves it cold as well as hot. I usually

serve them with green beans and maybe a sweet potatoe.

Good healthy meal.

I cook Salmon the same way. smile.gif