• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jackpot Creek Sunset

I am not much of a photographer but I took what I thought was a decent shot last night on my way in from scouting deer hunting spots and grouse hunting with my dogs. It is Jack Pot Creek (east of Babbitt, flows into Stoney River which eventually flows into Birch Lake)

I didn't do any type of processing to the pic once I got it off of the card. I am not sure what to do or if it would improve the pic?

Here it goes:

jackpotcreeksunsetzr1.jpg

That's nice, Casey. I'm picturing myself a few miles off the Echo Trail after a day's deer hunting near a small lake. No deer, but I've waited until legal shooting hours have ended just in case, because of how deer prefer dawn and dusk to move.

I've had a gorgeous sunset over this lake, and now I'm about to head back to the pickup, about an hour's walk over wilderness trails in the dark, knowing that all the rest of the hunters broke off about 4 p.m. so they wouldn't have to be out in the big bad woods with the big bad wolves into the can't-see hours.

Yes, this is an image that says a lot to me. But that's just proof that Anais Nin was right: "We don't see things as they are. We see things as we are."

What you might or might not do with the image depends a lot on what type of post processing software you have. You could lighten the shadow areas, but I like the dark and mysterious look here. That darkness next to the light is what moves me.