• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

AC youth machine

Hitman54

Has anyone had any expierience with the AC DS90?? I am considering purchasing one for my kids. As you may know I have been a loyal Honda buyer for years. Roofer made me think about trying something other than what I always have had. I did buy my kids a popo 90 about two months ago. Needless to say it has been back to the dealer 3 times since then!!! I will not blame polaris for this because it was a used machine when I bought it and who knows what kind of abuse it took prior to my purchase. The reason I am interested in the Cat is because it has almost double the ground clearance of any other ATV in the 90cc class. my kids got that popo high centered so many times it is not worth the hassel of buying anything with so little ground clearance. The prices of all the major brands are within a couple hundred bucks so that should not be an issue. I am more concerned with dependability and driveability for my kids. Comments please!

Keep in mind that you can buy "almost" any of the name brand youth model atv's and you'd be buying the same as the other. Many of the manufacturers have someone build the machines for them only to put their name on it. From what I 've heard, Yamaha is the only manufacturer that builds their own youth atv's, but that could have changed in the last year.

So to make this short, the reliability of these machines will be based more on the dealer set up and service vs. the manufacturer.

Glad to see you have an open mind. smile.gif

I don't know much about the youth quads. It may not be an issue for you, but you may consider that some of them are automatics and some have gears. I grew up using both and it's a good idea to learn both IMO. It's just something to consider.

Like I said, I haven't heard or read much about them, but that's the first I have heard about someone having trouble with a big name brand youth atv.

Thanks for the replys. Like I said being that it was a used machine (2003) I really have no idea how hard it was beat down. I should have just bought a new one to start with. I am going back over to my dealer tonight to pick up my wheeler. Just had a plow installed. Maybe I will find a good deal on a new one and just buy it. I just wish the Honda's and Polaris, Yamahas had more ground clearance. My kids are constantly getting the one they have now hung up.

Lep7MM had some good advice. Honda,Yamaha, Suzuki and Kawasaki (same wheeler as Suzuki), all make there own youth atv. Spendy, reliable,good resale, but hardly,if any, suspension. Almost all others are basically the same engines in different frames and plastic by different manufacturers.It kind of boils down to having trust in a dealer near you that will have access to parts or be able to work on the machine if it were to come down to that.