• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

sitting still on stand?

brassman

Ditto on the L'Amour westerns. I only bring a book if I'm going to be in the stand for more than 4 hours. My problem is that if I'm not reading a book, I tend to want to look around too much at every noise. Usually its squirrels or birds. When I'm half asleep or reading a book is when I see more deer. I think a lot of deer see the hunter before the hunter ever sees them and they slip around them undetected. Whatever it takes to keep you motionless. Reading a book works for me.

Nels

Not gonna lie! I sleep! lol at least im on stand right?? I never actually hardcore sleep though just doze off...if the woods are quiet a stick breakign usually wakes me up...otherwise I study my school work or read chapters of text books...which leads to sleep haha. but seriously you cant kill deer on the couch or in bed or bsing with the other guys so stick it out even if you fidget! I sit rock still for prolly 80 percent of the time...and yes its harder then heck!