• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Montain Lion?? Please look.

So know that I have your interest, I found these in "North Eastern" North Dakota. Odd but found them. I beleive these to be mountain lion. Talked with some locals in the area and was told there was talk of possible mountain lion sitings over the last year. I have included some comparison props for size. I noticed that only the front paws had claws. weird.

tracksglove.jpg

IMG_6132-1.jpg

tracks1.jpg

trackskristieshand.jpg

IMG_6127.jpg

IMG_6123.jpg

IMG_6118.jpg

those look like dog tracks to me, prob a large lab out pheasant or waterfowl hunting, cats claws retract into there paws and unless there running rarely leave claw marks in the dirt, just my opinion

I agree. The mountain lion tracks I used to see out west had no claw marks, and my reading the pics I've seen back that up.

Likely it's a big dog. Could also be a wolf. The tracks are big enough. Wouldn't be the first time one was seen in the RRV in recent years.

I thought Dog at first also, but no one in the area has a large breed dog, and there were no human foot prints anywere. The only shot with Claws is one were it looks like it was running then stoppped sudenly. I did some research last night online after I posted these and the mountain lion paw print has 4 toes, and a large triangle or upside down "m" type bottom paw, that commenly walk by placing their back paws into the same spot as the front paws, which explains the lack of 4 prints in some spots. I measured my 95lb black lab and his feet are only half this size.

Don't know I guess, we shall see what the concessus is. I also emaild them to ND Game and Fish who track MT lions and I'll have to see what they say.

I agree they are not cat tracks. Big dog breed or wolf, either one, is my stated guess. Lots of bigger dog tracks than an average sized lab out there, too, and plenty of dogs run around without their human keepers nearby. Still would not surprise me at all if it's a wolf.