• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

THE RAIN!

Does anyone want to help me dry up the river that's running thru my basement with it's many tributaries? Ick! The sun is supposed to pop out tomorrow right? We're fishing Cutfoot tomorrow but with the change in the weather-it'll probably slow fishing down?! What's everyone else up to?

Lisa

I spent the last 4 years in phoenix az at mayo clinic and hospitals, ans i been thinking about this... Will i be able to last out the winter here?, i been away for awhile.. Do i like the rain better then the snow? Am i trying to hold off as long as i can before i need to shovel out my jeep.. But you know, it cant rain all the time, so do i believed that, till the last few weeks.. I see the lakes and rivers so full of water, i been fishing with really no luck, my grandfather was in the fishing pro circuit, on tv and all that stuff, and i remember him saying fish do bite in rain,, so i get out my pole and tackle and i will be clicking my heels saying out loud , fish do bite in rain, fish do bite in rain. So wish me luck.

Raining here too - Lake Kabetogama. The sump pump is in a closet right next to my office - it runs every 3 minutes now. In previous years, water has cascaded down the basement walls, the sump long shorted out, power out to the whole community, many wet things, lessons learned. Get a dehumidifier to help w/ the moisture. Shop Vacs are a great thing too! If you have a sump, get a battery back-up one also for when the power goes out. About $130 at Menards.

We prayed for rain in July and August - now we go to church and pray for it to stop! It's great for the wells and water table - evergreens LOVE fall rains. Our lake is being lowered via a dam but where the "dam" water goes (Rainy Lake, Rainy River ((living up to their names)), LOW and north) are full too. Wish we could save some for another year or ship it to Georgia and the east coast. Weird how some suffer while we are in high cotton as far as water. Sure makes for a quiet woods while walking the dog or looking for grouse. With any luck, this moisture will turn to snow (in a month or so) and we'll have a great snowmobiling year...my wishes, anyway. I live here for a reason!

Good luck with drying out - I feel for all that have to go thru it.

Let It Snow