• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

GEM EYE GUY fished for a "cyber fish"

Cyberfish

I got to fish for a while this evening with Gemeye and his friend Dave in his big fish trap. He had three holes and a vexilar rigged so we could see all three jigs.
we were fishin for crappies in thirty feet. Gemeye notices a faint green line up around eight feet. thinking it was a suspended crappie, he reeled up and started jigging for it. after i got a couple of fish twenty five ft down, he was still fishin for that eight footer. I finnaly told him, that cannot be too big of fish, such a faint mark and your jig makes a bigger mark even. He says that it may be a fish off to the side.
I say, very unlikely, the cone angle would not pick up fish to the side that close to the top. Then i thougt mabye it was some interference from some other sonar in the area. I hit the I.R. button, and just like magic, Gemeyes lunker crappie dissapeared! smile.gif

A little later, I got a crappie, and as I pulled him from the hole, I heared dave say i got a big one! and this aint no crappie!
I looked down to notice daves jig hooked on my line. I unhooked it and pulled on it for a little while, making it feel like a big ol walleye. He started saying i think its a northern! then i gave it one last big pull, then let it go.
Ahhh it got off! I sat and listen to him speculate on what it could have been. Big pike? eye? a musky? then I mentioned that it coulda been a big ugly roughfish. they said, ya, mabye a bowfin or a huge eelpout. Then i finally broke the news haha grin.gif

Good fishin w you guys!

Cyb ><>

And as if that wasn't enough, Cyb kept dropping his used waxies down the hole. They'd sink about 15 or 20 feet and then kinda sit there in the water column, making a big red mark on the vex. With as much jigging as I did at that depth, I'm surprised that I didn't hook more used bait than fish.

It was a great time with a coupla buddies though, and yes I think we have seen the alterego which I shall refer to as EVIL CYB !

Thats even funnier than the old "depth finder on the end of the line when he's out takin a leak" trick.

Hey Cyber, you been out to spring lately? Just wondering if anything has been happening out there lately. I will be up by battle lake this weekend but usually hit spring a lot in the winter. Maybe see you out there sometime.
Dave

[This message has been edited by Big Dave2 (edited 12-22-2002).]

Cyber, I have also caught some of those big gills you speak of out there. The only problem is that they seem to scatter out more in the winter time. We go out there in the summer and when you hit a hole of those fat pumpkinseeds they will mostly all be on the bigger side. I like to fish the flat out on the north to northwest part.
Dave