• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Contender!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bassNspear

I'am a life long boxing and long time MMA fan, no doubt, but to me, The Contender leaves alot to be desired!

Some of them fighters on the present and past Contender series, have already been on the pro circuit, some for a long time and they washed out there...The Contender isn't gonna make them anything more then what they were/are?

None of those fighters seem to be able to coldcock anyone? It seems that none of them can punch? I don't believe I have ever seen a knock out when I have watched it?

I don't know, maybe it's the fighters, or the format, or the host, or whatever, for some reason it doesn't seem to be real...seems kind of staged sometimes? Maybe I have become spoiled watching MMA fights?

Another thing is, I'm not a big Ray Leonard fan, his leading role in that series is to canned and contrived.

Maybe it's not fair because I have followed him since he

was a kid and went to the Olympics and between him, Howard Cosell, Roberto Duran, Marvin Hagler and his boxing and media life in general, I just took a disliking to him.

They had a pretty good final last night. The ones leading up to it were pretty Ho Hum, but that final match was a real barn burner! Them guys were swinging for the fence with 5 out of 10 shots!

The loser must have had a head like a bowling ball? He took a bunch of heavy shots and although he was reelin and a rockin, he didn't go down. They both took and gave and both had to get up off the mat at different times...it was a good one, no doubt!