• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bowtech

slayer21

Did anyone ever have or shoot a Blackhawk bowtech. just wondering. some guy is offering to sell it to me for a good price and i dont think he knows anything about bowhunting so i think im getting a steal..just wondering if it was a popular bow when it came out..2003 or 04..anything would be great

I know nothing about a Bowtech as I have never shot one. I would be careful with the price of a used bow and be careful that one doesnt have to replace the string and cable. If a cam or string and cable need to be replaced, make sure you are buying it right. Also, make sure that the draw length fits you and if it does not to see how much adjusting one can do to change the draw without affecting the preformance of the bow.

I dont want to sound like I'm trying to talk you out of it but to be sure all is good with the bow before you purchase it and then have to spend a fair amount of money on it and find out just maybe it wasnt that good of a deal.

Good luck.

I've owned two bowtech bows and i have never had any trouble with either. I am currently using the Bowtech Gaurdian and just love it. At 60 yrds. i'm in a two inch. group. But buying a used bow i would have it looked at by a tech to make sure the limbs are in good shape. From there if the price is right, yet you really have to be careful buying used bows.

I haven't shot that exact bow, but I've owned a couple Bowtechs and loved them. The statement above about them needing to be tuned a lot doesn't apply any more to Bowtech than it does any other brand.

I'd agree that it's a very good idea to have it checked out before you purchase it. Also, like H.L. alluded to- can you get it worked on if you have problems? Obviously, it's buyer beware on a used bow like that. However, it sounds like it could be a good deal.

Give me a couple more weeks. I had the big brother of the buck in my post, about 70 yards away this weekend. Hopefully I can chalk up another monster with my old, hard to tune Patriot. wink.gif Honestly, I've never had any problems tuning my bow. The only thing that threw me, for a short time anyway, was when the moleskin on the plunger of my trophy taker rest wore off, and I couldn't figure out why I was shooting low. It took me a good half hour of checking screw tightness, shooting arrows and just looking at my entire bow to actually look at the rest plunger. As far as shops, Bwana carries Bowtechs(and Hoyts). Not sure who does on the NW side of town.