• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Ice house registration.

Crawlerman

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would agree, NINETOE, that a license fee increase (or an additional fee on the license for ice fishing/shelter privileges) would be a better method. My license has the word 'privileges' in large letters, then goes on to list them. My fishing license says "Res Individual Angling" and then another one says "Res Dark House Shelter". No reason these cannot be on one license. Maybe they can.....maybe on March 1, I can get the whole works on one license.....but I digress.

I will agree that having the large name/numbers on the portable is quite a hassle, and may be unneccesary.

Anyway, we could get into quite the discussion about fishing being a right vs a privilege. Maybe it is a right...but I would suggest that if we treat it like a privilege (that is, don't abuse it or think that the world owes us something) that we may be better off keeping it in that perspective.

PLEASE NOTE...by my above statement, I am in no way accusing anyone of acting in an irresponsible manner. I have no reason to believe that anyone here is anything other than responsible and respectful of our fishing heritage.

I think I'm done rambling. I hope everyone has a festive Christmas, and a safe and prosperous New Year. Good fishin', everyone.

IcePro!!! Dont give them any ideas!!

The bottom line is not the $11.00 on the license. It is the government animal that needs to be kept in check for a number of reasons. A good friend of mine is a German National and to fish in Germany is very expensive and you have to apply and become a member of a club to do it. Hunting is almost non existant for the average guy.Then theres a ton of other taxes that they have to pay. They have these problems because thier gov. is not held accountable and alot of people believe that big brother government knows best! Now just think of the forces at work here in this country to do the same thing. Everyone is entitled to thier opinion ( as long as its right wink.gif) Everyone is also responsible to be vigilant and correct government oversights when possible. 0.10

------------------
"sure are cocky for a starvin pilgrim"