• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hand warmers

jtm

Has anyone ever put these on? How hard is it? I've been looking for some that plug into the acc. outlet but I don't know if anyone makes them. any info is appreciated,thanks

They are well worth the money and time to put them on!!! I have them on mine they are the Arctic cat Factory one's so the kit comes with all the stuff you need to install them. They come with a 2 position switch for High and Low!!! We were riding out in the Black hills this spring and it was raining and about 40-50 deg out there and I could have sold them for a millions bucks that weekend!!! grin.gif

Perchjr

I've been putting them on for years, and dont forget the thumb warmer. There are several different styles out there from the 20s to as much as 75 bucks. Some are elements that go under your stock grips and some are whole grips with elements already in them. I've used both and both have held up well. I'd hard wire them if I were you to avoid problems and keep you outlet free for other stuff.

Quote:

I've been putting them on for years, and dont forget the thumb warmer. There are several different styles out there from the 20s to as much as 75 bucks. Some are elements that go under your stock grips and some are whole grips with elements already in them. I've used both and both have held up well. I'd hard wire them if I were you to avoid problems and keep you outlet free for other stuff.

I agree.

I have the symtec (moose same thing) cold weather pack. It has five level settings, but I don't think it is needed. a hi and low would be good enough. They worked great when they worked. I have 2006 model set and some are defective. I still have to get a hold of them for a new control box. My buddy had the same problem and they sent him a replacement for free. Seems like a good company and they were easy to install.

I've ran Hot Grips and Cycle Country warmers for years with no problems. I have but don't see the need for the variable temp control, if a guy wants to save some coin. I usually have 'em on full.

Quote:

I agree.

I have the symtec (moose same thing) cold weather pack. It has five level settings, but I don't think it is needed. a hi and low would be good enough. They worked great when they worked. I have 2006 model set and some are defective. I still have to get a hold of them for a new control box. My buddy had the same problem and they sent him a replacement for free. Seems like a good company and they were easy to install.

I contacted symtec about my handwarmers problem. I just got an email from the sales guy and he is sending me out a replacement for free. I have to say that is great customer service! smile.gif