• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Freakin' Weather

icemac33

I've only made it out twice this year and now I am watching pouring rain, lightning, and hearing thunder.Never a boring minute in Minnesota.Of course, I hadn't even been out once at this time last year.If I would have known this was coming I would have been sitting out in the portable with a few cold ones.Nothing like a little thunder and lightning while icefishing.Hope its better up north.

I love thunderstorms, but this is one of the few times that I'd rather not see one. I was looking forward to fishing some Mpls. lakes this weekend. Hopefully it doesn't mess the ice up too much, otherwise I'll see some of you diehards on the river. Vern

Here in Winger the wind died down to a light breeze now and a mixture of wet snow & rain. They are talking rain & snow & icy roads. 32 so it is nice out. Hope we don’t get too much rain and freeze the power lines or trees. frown.gif Minnesota the state with two seasons confused.gif WINTER & ROAD CONSTRUCTION?
“FISH” grin.gif
Merry Xmas smile.gif

------------------
http://www.icesaws.com/

Still light rain here South of Willmar. Ice is getting really bad. Tried to get a fish house out last night that went through on Big Kandi. Bigger house and in about 12 feet of water with water on top and the wind a howling!! Started to rain and was getting late. Decided to anchor it as best as possible and took 4 other houses off in the rain! Not good at all!!

we have had light to mod rain all night in brainerd area. suposed to switch from rain to snow this afternoon. slicker then snot going to work this morning.35 mph max

happy hunting
duck

You guys have to be optimistic! I was out Monday and Tuesday before the sun came up and did pretty good on about 9" of good ice. The rain will freeze up on top soon because it is supposed to be colder over the weekend. I like this time of year because there isn't much traffic.
It is going to be slick until we get a little snow!

Yeah, when are the gonna start blaming the real issue here....Global Warming!!! Instead of this el nino/nina B.S. Bout time something was done about this.

morriscode