• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Silver Bay trip vid

Roofer

My new bride and myself went to the Duluth area for the last week and met up with another couple to go riding. The trails were great and the weather cooperated for the most part. The scenery is amazing. Lots of stuff to see along the trail that you can't see anywhere else.

While we were up there I traded in my '02 Prairie 650 for a great deal on a Popo. She really likes the plush ride of the Sportsman compared to the solid axle Prairie.

Here is the video.....enjoy

Silver Bay Video

Looks like some nice scenery up there, perfect fall colors. You must have got a new camera mount on your wheeler, it gives some good footage!

A popo! Did you have a break down and thats all they had? lol grin.gif . Sorry I had to say it! Congrats on the wedding, good luck to both of you!

I did get a new camera, but I just used different mounts I have for the helmet cam.

The Sportsman is like riding a couch through the trails. I didn't ride it much, but she liked it alot better than the Prairie. She put 45 miles on it and it still had over half a tank of fuel left. My brute only had about 1/3 of a tank left. Very good mileage and a great ride. And yes, I got a great deal on an '07 model Sportsman. I like my 750 better, but the Sp500 is a great trail machine.

Roofer,

What's the best way to view your video? I tried just playing it on Media Player but it only shows slowly in bits and pieces (I have DSL). Should I save it to my computer first and then open it? I would like to show the guys that I went up there with because they would really enjoy it.

I liked the scenery so much Roofer that I might have to make the trip up there on the 20th. I was going to head down to Winona, but everyone else has plans. I have one more person to ask, and if it doesn't work out, I may be heading up to Silver Bay.

No problem Roofer. It was well worth the trip to be in good company. At least there was someone there that I knew so I wasn't a total stranger to everyone.

I doubt if the fall colors will be as good as they were last week when you were there, but it still would be worth the trip to go. I have a sister in Grand Rapids so I could stay the night there if needed.

Oh yeah. It was more like a sensory overload. I don't think you'll find 2 people who are more passionate about their sport.

Sounds like they've been to some great places to ride. I haven't heard back from anyone about a Winona trip so I will very possibly be heading up to Silver Bay myself on the 20th.