• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fall color . . . my way

Hey all:

Some days it's tough to get motivated. Others it's easy. Today I rolled out of bed (three days after going cold turkey off caffeine, yikes!) and was ready to go. Plenty of fall color left in these here parts, and a nice day to capture it.

All with the Canon 30D

Some of the last of the big amanitas

Canon 17-40L at 17mm, hoya circular polarizer, iso200, 1/30 at f4, handheld

amanita.jpg

Like Jonny, I have a favorite barn/outbuilding, this one with some bigtooth aspen for a backdrop

Canon 100-400L IS at 100mm, iso400, 1/125 at f11

barn-color.jpg

And some bigtooth aspen along the escarpment north of Shagawa just west of the Echo Trail intersection

Canon 100-400L IS at 120mm, iso400, 1/200 at f11

bigteeth.jpg

Floaters and divers

Canon 100-400L IS at 200mm, 1/250 at f7.1

aspen-water.jpg

About to sink

Canon 100-400L IS at 170mm, iso400, 1/250 at f7.1

oak-water.jpg

Maples and birch and sky and clouds

Canon 17-40L at 17mm, hoya circular polarizer, iso200, 1/250 at f4

maple-birches.jpg

Up to the sky

Canon 17-40L at 17mm, hoya circular polarizer, iso400, 1/80 at f14

at-the-sky.jpg

My Serengetti

Canon 17-40L at 17mm, hoya circular polarizer, iso200, 1/100 at f14 (and 1/25 at f14), tripod. To explain the two different shutter speed/aperture values, I shot one frame exposing for the brighter sky and one for the darker land and blended them in photoshop using a technique you can find under "blending images" on the luminous landscape web site.

serengetti.jpg

awesome photos I love em all no one is better than the other, fall is my favorite time of year and October is the best time especially since my birthday is right in the middle of it, these photos capture October's beauty.