• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Taking sports pictures

I have a Canon Powershot S2 IS. It does not have a "sports" setting as the new ones do. I have a daughter playing powder puff football this afternoon, and need some tips on getting pictures that are not so blurry.

I must admit, I know little to nothing about aperature and all that other good stuff. Any help would be appreciated!

You should have a "P" for program, or "pasm" setting that you can control the shutter speed with. Set the shutter speed as high as it will go (1/500 or more). Also, in the menu, you should have the ability to change the ISO (equivalent to film speed) setting. If it will go to either 400 ISO or 800 ISO, that will help. Anticipate where the action is going to be, or where your daughter is going to be and be ready to take a shot at that point. Shots of people coming straight at you will blur less than shots of someone passing by. Good luck!!

I was pretty certain I would get good advice from here! The ones I posted unter "Powder Puff football" are just two of the 40 some pictures I took. Not a blurry one in the bunch, which is a first for me.

Thanks for the quick replys and great advice!

Quote:

The ones I posted unter "Powder Puff football" are just two of the 40 some pictures I took. Not a blurry one in the bunch, which is a first for me.

It just shows that you are improving with age. grin.gif

BTW Fishinchicks, where are you from? Like me, your profile says SW MN. I live in Marshall. Are you anywhere nearby?

Quote:

Just up the road - Cottonwood. Actually, straight south of there about 3 1/2 miles.

That is close. We've probably run into each other before. If you've ever had to come to the mall street clinic, you've probably talked to my wife. She makes appointments there.