• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Evening Walk

The newspaper says that we are "past our peak" as far as color is concerned, so decided to take a walk looking just for color. I think we still have a lot around!

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

All of these were taken this evening with a Canon 10D and my 70-200 2.8. Thanks for viewing!

It DID look familiar. There are so many little pockets of brilliance in and among the pines, and I always like the way the gray trunks set off those washes of color.

I also like how long our color season really is. If one doesn't require the total peak of amazing color everywhere, you can start getting nice fall color shots early in September and keep getting them well into the middle of October.

Steve,

Sometimes it's really weird walking in the plantation - it can be 2-3 stops darker under the canopy than on the outside. Really have to watch the camera settings. We did have a long color season. With the dry weather we had, I wasn't sure we'd have any. Ken