• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mean little buggers!

I had a nest in the long grass on my lot and thought I would wait until winter to take care of it, last week I was walking past where it was and it was completely gone. I am thinking a bear took care of it for me! I wish I would have set a game camera up to see it.

Last year my neighbor had a nest that looks just like this one hanging from one of his trees about 11' above ground right on our property line. Come Sept. I had to run through the area with the lawn mower. When I told him about it, he said "Oh it's just a paper hornets nest". He wouldn't take it down 'cause he belongs to the "Save everything society". A few nights later it came down in a heavy rain (Fom my hose).

I would like to know who would pay that. I find it highly unlikely.

I had a very large one as a kid that I brought to school for show and tell. It was well over two feet long and nearly as wide.

I left it in the basement of the house and in the spring...the eggs hatched.

In other words, the hive is still alive, so be careful!!