• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where to buy a used boat?

JohnK

I'm going to be heading back to MN around the middle of October and one of my goals is to find a new (to me) boat. I'm not looking for anything unreasonable, a 16' aluminum with a floor, probably pedestal seats, small outboard and trailer in the $3,000 range (used). You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find something like that out in Wa! So my question is, where is the best place to look for one? I've been browsing hsolist for the last few months, there seems to be at least a couple posted every week but is there anyplace else that's better?

Thanks for your help!

look at hsolist and crystal peirz marine.stay with craigs list sort through the ads and, you will find what you are looking for.call before you come back here on ones that you like. This time of year it is tough to sell.

Craig's List is great!!

Knowing that Craig's List is a free site, be a little cautious but don't let that get in the way of a boat purchase. Ask the seller questions, ask for more photos, call him on the phone, and go see the boat in person.

If you are armed with a little knowledge, and time, you will find what you are looking for at the price range you are looking at!

I would also check out the For Sale Forums here at Fishing Minnesota. There are lots of good deals that pop up up!

Happy Hunting!!

Buying a used boat, does a guy pay sales tax from a dealer??

I know if it is a private party all you have to pay tax on is the trailer. What about the dealers? It would be hard to compete with a private party selling a boat when you have to add 2K, 3K or more on a boat purchaced from a dealer.

I love fishing minnesota as much as anyone but I prefer a classifieds approach (at least for bigger items like boats) where you post what you have for sale and there is an e mail and phone where people can get ahold of you as compared to the thread format FM uses. Just my opinion though!

I've sold two boats this year, one this spring and one this fall, both within 5 days of listing on internet sites. One site was [ ] and other was [ ]. One boat sold from each list.

I'm sure they've done their research though on FM and either most people like the thread classifieds or it is more lucritive. My suggestion would be to keep that format for small stuff and have a separate classified listing page for people that want to sell boats. There is a huge market there.

ccarlson

Oh come on, I didnt even give any info. How can that possibly be seen as posting an ad? I didnt even include any contact info.

I am not trying to sell my boat. It was a comment on how we have similar taste. Please.