• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone back from the show?

Heading down to the show tomorrow. Wondering if anyone has been there yet? Any must see booths other than fishingmn? What did you like/dislike? Lets hear it so those of us going tomorrow can get even more pumped!

From what I'm told, they renamed Roy Wilkins Auditorium when they built the Excel, so the ice show is in the old Roy Wilkins Auditorium which is connected to the Excel Energy center, if that helps...

Evenflow

I just got back from the show. It was tough, but I restrained myself from spending too much money smile.gif My two year old caught a nice rainbow in the trout pond and it was great to meet FM folks at the booth smile.gif

To save on parking, park at the Science Museum! Event parking in the River Center lot was $10 flat rate. The Science Museum lot (just 1/2 block down Kellogg) is hourly and I only had to pay $3 for almost two hours.

Have fun and don't go broke.

Just got back.... the FM booth was hopping! Met quite a few FM people! I must say... that was the most expensive lunch I've ever had! New FL18 Blue box, 2 new rods, 1 new reel, ice buster bobbers, rod stand, and a free Chubby darter for referring a couple guys over to Thorne Bros booth for the FL18.
They're selling 'em for $340 with the blue box!!!!!!

The show is boring and a waste of money...(for me anyway). Way too commercial, prices are ridiculous. Not going this year because when I went the last two years, I found nothing I needed (I've got everything I need) and paid $8 to park and $6 to see the show. This year the parking is $10 and the show is $7 or $8 and there isn't anything I need, from the show anyway. I don't need the show to fire me up, 'cause I'm icefishing in the morning, here on Farm Island Lake!!! (7-8" of good ice!?!)

The ice show was alot of FUN! Meet alot of people and finaly put some faces to the names.

Jim have fun wackin the big dippers tomorrow them things are strong and make alot of noise, you will make people jump and stare we had alot of fun. And they were a big seller, great idea!!

You guys will have a blast go there everyone it is werth it!!! I will be back Sunday.

Later
Brian

Went to the show this evening, I was in the cities visiting a friend anyway. $10 to park! thats insane, but it is right across the street, saw quite a few folks I know in the fishing world, so it was fun for me But deals? none that I saw

Didn't mean to sound like "burr in the saddle", but I guess I'm bored with the show and the people who put it on. I know some of the reps, and they are "posers", you find that out when you have a few beers with them. Not all of them though, just most!
I just thought, when I originally went ('99-'01), there would be better deals on equipment for those who went to the Ice Fishing Show...
I'd just rather go fishing now, since I've seen everything at the show. Nothing revolutionary...yet anyhow.
But for you beginners, out-of-town-ers and "twice-a-year" people, the show is an awesome impetus...gives you inspiration.

Oh yeah...D-Man. 10-4, will let you know how the bite went tomorrow sometime...depending on the bite!

[This message has been edited by ackotz (edited 12-06-2002).]

The River Center is connected to the Excel Energy Center (where the Wild play). I'm sure after you park there will be signs directing you to the location of the show. Just park across the street in the Childrens Museum ramp. Can't miss it!

yea i just found a really good map pointing it out, is it true i have to pay like 8 dollars to park and 7 bucks to get in. this thing better be worth it smile.gif and they better be handing out free 12 packs of angle eyes at the door he he. i can hope cant i.

------------------
Good luck sticking pigs this year!

Thanks for the tip on the parking, Spike; When I usually go to Convention center events with my Father, we get free parking at his work (Below the Ramsey County jail wink.gif ) However since he's not coming I have to fend for myself.. I'd rather walk and save myself $7. I'll be by tonight after work; looks like everyone went yesterday or are going tommorow now... ah well... least I'll meet the staff atleast wink.gif

The show was great , i finally got to meet rick. I hope the two cards of angle eyes they talked me into work! see ya on the ice Ahey!!!P. S. I cant seem to get the song pretty little angle eyes out of my head!!

D-Man...

2 walleyes (14" and 15") and 1 northern (22"), I never would have thought I'd be icefishing this early. I've only been in Minnesota since 1997 (from Los Angeles) and I haven't been icefishing before Christmas before...this was cool.

Just a little parking tip guys. Children's Science Museum has underground ramp parking pretty reasonable. Spent $4.00 for about 3 hours while at the show today and it's right across the street from the RiverCenter. Oh, and the show was good, stopped by the FM booth, met some of the guys and acquired a few new toys. Let the games begin.

Not sure how anyone could be THAT down on the show, but I will give you that I am not going to go every year, but I would not go so far as to tell people NOT to go.

I did not see any deals on major things, but being able to buy stuff at the Fishing Minnesota booth was a bonus (no waiting, no shipping), and seeing other gadgets and etc was pretty cool.

I enjoyed seeing the new fish houses, permanants, and other products that I have heard about on the web, here, and in magazines.

There were some good deal on rods and reels, a minow bucket that lifted the minnows up to you when you opened the lid, a pretty cool knot tier and a few other things. I did not see any deals on the bigger stuff - Augers, Houses, heaters (Buddy heaters were 77.00 - 79.00, but they are everywhere right now), or even fish house sled covers.

Overall, I would give the show a 6 out of 10, but the experiance of going the first time an 11 out of 10. I will prolly go back ever 2 or most likely 3 years just to see the new things that are out.

If you have never gone, you must check it out, and if you have not gone for a while, and have some time, or just like to see the stuff live and in person that you see in the magazines, drop over there. As for the 10.00 parking and 7.00 admit, I spend that much at happy hour on a friday night and get less out of it then I did at the show.

Got back around 7:00 PM leaving around 6:30 (only spending about 1 1/2 hrs there) A big reason was that I ran out of money; I started with $40 That got me admission, 2 ice rods, a few ice buster bobbers, a bag of mini doughnuts and a sticker. At that point I had enough for parking and the Trout pond.. but I got talked into buying the panfish jigging spoon kit wink.gif. Fortuneatly there was a Wells Fargo ATM on the stadium side. So I managed to spend $60... I left before I spent more wink.gif But I spent $6 at the trout pond to catch my dinner... I got to meet Rick, Pwaldow and some of the other staff as well as MJ5-- who I was hoping to meet to discuss ice cats grin.gif . I'm glad I didn't wait to get my auger there though; there weren't really any deals on them. As far as rating.. well it could have been better, yes.. But it rates higher with me than last years sportsman's show which flunked in my book last year.

And yes... the "golden rainbows" in the pond looked really freaky...