• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lund fiberglass model?

trackerbrent

I was just looking at the 2008 Lund line up on the web site and realized the Tyee 1860 does not show up under any of their lines. It showed up under their 2007 line up as a computerized model picture. Is it still a go or did they decide to scrap it? It looked like it is or maybe was going to be a good boat. Maybe somebody answered this under another post, but I could not find it.

Not sure why it's not up on the HSOforum yet, but there were a couple of the new glass boats at the Lund dealer's meeting this summer and they are still going forward with the two models as far as I know.

I talked to a salesman at Rapid in Ham Lake. He said they are still coming out with the glass boat, but Lund decided to redo the hull and not just use the one from Triton. He said he test drove one and it was a really nice boat. I didn't ask him about price, so I don't know. My guess is that you will see them with a major launch this Spring.

I have heard (rumor) that the new hull was no good. Triton could not make the hull because the design was flawed, what ever that means. I was actually going to look into these boats when they come out, but now I am not willing to take a chance on an unproven boat. Someone else can "buy it and try it". I will be following this boat closely.

Quote:

My guess is that you will see them with a major launch this Spring.

I've heard some talk that production will be limited and not all Lund dealers will have the glass boats. Not sure how good the source is, but there sure doesn't seem to be any around other than at a few dealer / demo events.

The glass boats are definitly a go, and they will be on the site as soon as we get the right pictures that we are looking for. The hull was not scraped, as has been stated, but we did redesigned the hull instead of using a Triton hull. When we got it right we started to move forward. The hull is our complete design. Tooling up for such a big project has taken some time, but the response to the boat has been fantastic. I had the pleasure of driving the boats a couple weeks back, and boy are they terriffic!!

Stay tuned to the HSOforum for more information coming soon, and keep an eye out at your local dealer for the first units that they recieve.

Just got an email from a guy who tried one out last weekend on big winnie and he LOVED it. Really put it through its paces. Liked the ride (was totally dry in rough water) backed it into some 4 footers to test the floor drain and said it went swirling down like a bathtub and then the pump would kick in (thought it was well designed). They are not rushing them into production until they have them up to the level of quality that LUND owners expect. Be patient is what he was told by the rep.