• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Carlos Avery WMA

gr81

Depends on what you are after and where you are hunting. If you are a bow hunter it actually isn't all that bad. Hike a bit in getting away from roads and you can have a good hunt. I am getting to learn not to enter at the main parking areas. Mark along the road and just walk in a ways and get away from the well traveled routes. Maybe cross a swamp section to the next piece of dry land and you will most likely have the place to yourselves and posibly a great hunt. Duck hunting yes stay away unless you don't mind bumping elbows. I have no intentions on ever duck hunting there.

I plan on bowhunting and probably only weekdays after work. Is this time still pretty busy? Any other places you may recommend near here that may be a little more secluded? Thanks

I was just there yesterday. Saw lots of deer tracks where I was walking. Could be a good bowhunt if you're willing to do some work and walk in a ways.

I won't ever duck hunt there, although some day I'd like to try Lamprey Pass in late season when everyone has given up. I've seen ducks out there from time to time.

Sorry about the location I have listed. I have since moved to Brooklyn Park and work near Maplewood so I was looking for something closer to there. Thanks for the advice though. If I'm looking for public land back in my hometown I may give that a whirl smile.gif

by the way i was making alot of noise and they still came to me i think the other one thought it was its brother that i had just shot cause i made noise and it rushed towards me and stopped at 10 yards when she couldnt smell or see me

i will be at carlos i will be driving my old black ford exp 96 on the back there is some JUMP WINGS and it says MISION NORTENA my band. (mexican music) if you see me around stop by and say hi. good luck today to everyone