• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Croxton Pond Bag, Do I Really Need One?

Hookmaster

Presently when I go fishing, I put my tip-ups , rods and reels (protected by foam pipe insulation) and ice scoop in a 5-gallon bucket, which sits in another 5-gallon bucket to hold the fish (hopefully). In a small duffle I carry a small plano jig/hook box, ice cleats, a shaving kit size army bag with tools (lead depth finders, hemostats, hookout, matches etc.), extra gloves and hat, towel, pop (standard and barley) and my flasher. I don't see how the Croxton bag would be a benefit in this situation, because I don't think it would hold everything. Now if I was fishing without my Otter, then I see it being beneficial, but I rarely fish without it since it's also my sled. Am I wrong?

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

I used to fish the way you do. I also have an otter. With my Rod & gear bag everything is now right at my fingertips. I set it right in back of me.

Very quick and easy to get at whatever I need. No more digging through buckets that get snow/water in them etc. This bag goes with me everywhere. Especially handy when you go in a buddies fish house.

Backwater Eddy, I've never had my pail spill or blow across the ice, it stays in my Otter.

Rick, what is the return policy of FM on the products purchased through it? Since it's X-mas time, I'll probably put the bag on my X-mas list, but I would like to be able to return it if I don't need it. Thanks

Hookmaster,

I just splurged on the Croxton yesterday. I felt a little guilty about it...thinking that I could just get by like I have been all these years with a pale etc. It's really nifty to say the least. I have 4 outfits in there with 3 bottles of propane, tackle, ice scoop, my coleman lantern!, minispot heater!, and there's plenty of room for more stuff plus food etc... and the kicker...is that it's all tucked away nice and neat ready for transport to my favorite icehole. You'll be happy you "invested" in a carry-all for your gear...

Mr. Freeze