• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New trail camera ?'s

patrat78

Kind of interesting...I just read an article that said to put trail cameras above the trail and not in the face of the deer. They said to angle them down towards the trail. That way you'll have a better chance at getting the picture of the deer (no ghost/empties), and there's less chance of spooking deer with the flash from the camera.

If you want to carry a ladder or stool around to get up to the camera if you mount it that high, go ahead. crazy.gif

I have literally 10's of thousands of pics of deer and all kinds of wildlife by hanging the camera at my lower chest area.

The other benefit to hanging it at that height is that you can put the camera against the tree, lean on the camera to hold it against the tree, while leaving both your hands free to get the strap around the tree and get it secured in place.