• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Just for fun — a turtle head

Hey all. Was out laying in the muck at marsh's edge this evening hoping for ducks or herons or mink or most anything, and saw almost nothing. ALMOST nothing, that is. This fellow popped his head up just a couple inches outside the minimum focus distance of the lens and hung there long enough for me to adjust exposure compensation and fire a burst.

Canon 1Dmk2n, Canon 600 f4L IS, iso400, 1/1600 at f4, center-weighted metering +1 EC

heads-up.jpg

OK, Deitz, you busted me. This is really my pet turtle Frank. The silky water around the head is caused by surface tension (thus my naming the turtle Frank), and I spent seven hours trying to get the persnickety thing to pose just so. You think shooting a supermodel is challenging? Try Frank when he hasn't had his turtle flakes or Leinies in the morning. mad.gif

Kidding, of course, my man. Not making light of your appreciation, either. Comments like yours are one of the reasons I do this photography gig. This fella just surfaced for a couple seconds and then went on his merry way. What ya gonna do but trip the shutter and see how it looks later? grin.gif