• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Seriously BIG Mississippi Carp

I was SE today and walked to the Stone Arch Bridge to look downriver like everyone else, went to the other side of the bridge after seeing LARGE Carp below, theres some monsters down there. This pic is zoomed way in but there were at least 10 down there this size, my guess is a solid 30 to 40 pounder. Laugh it up but go and look. We used see a lot of 20's off the old wall just up from the ex 35W bridge but couldn't get an arrow into them (legal then) when I was kid because of the height of the wall, (long gone, where the dam broke a couple years ago). These were a lot bigger, remember that pic was shot maybe 100 feet away. blush.gif That fish is right next to the shadow from the bridge rail. Almost makes me want to go chase Carp down there,

SeriouslyBigCarpMissStoneArch.jpgFromtheSAB.jpg

When I was a kid complete with my 48# Bear whatever recurve the only choices we had were them 4 prong harpoon thingies and the the tip with the swing open barb(?) like no penetration further than 6 feet away if that. Bear Razorheads just pulled right back out. mad.gif

im shooting 55lb draw and want more but im to cheap to buy a new bow we have to many choices for arrow tips these days i think i have the shure shot penatraters and interlocks and thats all i need only thing i use the interlocks for is buffies

I think that if you were to bow fish down there the cops might hassle you. But I don't know. I do know that I flyfish carp down there in the winter where there is a warm water discharge. There are some seriously nice carp in this stretch of river. Actually, right under the collapsed 35W bridge was a decent carp spot too.

Yeah! Nice Fish!!There were bunchs of them down there, something for the Carp folks to go after when they can lock through again. They seemed to be scattered all over the flats, there were no small fish.