• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I am making a trip up to the brule with a couple of friends on the weekend of the 17th. I am just wondering how people have been doing lately and what has been working best? We will be fly fishing as well as casting spinners and also fishing around the mouth with spoons. I realize the water is low, so has that slowed down the fishing? Will the lake run browns be making there way into the stream by then? We are also thinking about trolling lake superior for lakers/browns/steelhead along the shorelines. Is it possible to put in a 16'-17' boat in at the landing at the mouth of the brule or would it be better to go down to port wing?

I realize this is a lot of questions, but any information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I can't answer your river questions. A boat of your size might not be able to launch at the Brule. The water is low. I've never launched there, but it didn't look good the one time I was there this year. Port Wing has a good launch.

the water as of now is too low to use the brule landing for a boat that size. fishing in the river has been very slow but that could change any day. low light hours with streamers has been the best for some nice resident browns.

do you guys think it is worth bringing a canoe to fish big lake on the brule? last year we fished it at night from shore and caught a few fish, but im not sure if we could reach far enough out with our casts. it would be worth fishing if the lake run browns are up there already.

i did a float from big lake to winnabojou last night and saw a few nice fish last night, but nothing was happenening. one small brookie and a small brown was all that came to net. water is low and it's still a little early.

Just got home from the Brule/Lake Superior this evening. Had some really bad weather and tough fishing. We didnt even make it out on the big lake to do any trolling because it was too windy. We fished the stream below highway 2 and caught a ton of little rainbows and a few browns on small panther martin spinners. We fished the mouth one evening and caught a few perch and a northern. We ended up only fishing for a day and a half because of the weather...

I was down by the Winnebouju (sp) canoe landing on Monday and saw a few smaller browns near the bridge. I don't think it will to long now before they start running with the cooler nights that we had. I had 45 deg this morning.

Jar Jar

I'm heading for Hayward this weekend and then next weekend we will work on the blinds. My buddy has a farm north of Poplar and he said he's seen lots of geese in his soy bean field. hoppefully next weekend or during the week I'll get out.

We sould get together some evening and hit the Big Lake on the Brule.

Jar Jar

Jar, I'd be up for that. We also need to get out and do some duck hunting when it starts. I've got a full blind on the weekends but no one to hunt with on Thursday and Friday mornings. So if you get a rare thurs or fri off from work let me know.