• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

broadhead alignment?

FishDepot

Many years ago it was touted that broadhead blades should be aligned with the fletching/vanes of the arrow when tightened down onto the shaft. Does that really matter these days with the speed of the modern bows, carbon arrows and/or newer broadhead styles (fixed or mechanical)?

I know I used to align them all the time way back when,... and it made a huge difference. However, I have not been doing so within the last few years. I currenlty shoot a Mathiews LX, Carbon Express arrows and 100g mechaincal broadheads. I am considering switching back to a fixed 100g 3-blade Muzzy broadhead though and am wondering if I should make sure the blades are aligned with my arrow vanes. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

I don't think it makes a difference if the blades and vanes line up. If your bow is tuned and your arrows are squared your broadheads should fly well. Make sure your arrows are squared. I had problems until I got a G5 ASD but after the arrows were squared everything tightened up.

agreed ! having the blades inline with the fletching doesn't seem to matter, but having the broad head square/spinning true does! i use a shoe box( or anything else !) that i cut two V' in,so i can spin the arrow and watch the pt of the head. if it wobbles, try another head.( tip!! with carbon arrows, put the braod head and insert together before glueing and spin test them. rotate the head and mark both once you get it to spin true. then glue.alum. you can heat the end of the shaft a little and rotate the insert)if the insert are already glued in then try different heads. it's amazing how a different one may spin true!) del