• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New minimum draw weight 30lbs????????

Flash

I don't know much about bow hunting but will this be enough to bring down a deer? I think the DNR is going overboard here to try to attract young hunters. Maybe I am wrong.

IMO - With the addition of carbon arrows and the new cam systems, I think that 30# will be plenty.

My main concern is that young archers are well informed as to there lethal range. Just like anything, people are going to have to know their limits as well as the limits of their equipment. I have a daughter that has been shooting bow for a few years now, but just can't break the 40# mark.

She knows that she can only shoot out to 20 yards max. and she is very capable of zipping an arrow through the vitals.

That being said, it will come down to adults teaching the youth about being ethical and only taking shots that they know they will be efficient at.

My .02