• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Thermacell...

cupper

Hey guys. I remember reading a little about these a few weeks back. This will be my first season of bowhunting and I was thinking of getting one to keep the bugs at bay for early season. What are your thoughts on them? Do they work? Anyone have a negative experience? I guess my biggest question is, because they use butane, is it healthy to be around the thing when its on and does it have a smell that will scare the deer away?

Thanks!

-Cupper

1. They work. Well.

2. I'm not a deer, but I'm guessing they can smell combusted butane and allethrin, the active ingredient in these products.

3. Hunt the wind. At least they won't see you swatting mosquitos.

irvingdog, I agree on all three counts. I haven't used mine for deer hunting but I've used it camping and it keeps the squits at bay. I recently bought the holster and plan on using it for a few early season bowhunts. But if its a pain to use, I'll go back to my old method - full headnet, gloves, everything else covered, and limiting my bowhunts during the hot weather.