• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Predictions.

slick2526

What are the dates your predicting for safe ice to walk on in your area? Its been cold but do you think it will stay this way?
The way its going now I would say by thanks giving on smaller lakes around the detroit lakes area. But that is if the weather stays like this. Think Ice. grin.gif

Pro Crappie Guide
I am with you, I plan on fishing a lake 8-10 miles north of Aitkin the weekend after rifle opener!
heeeeeere comes the hard water!!!!!!

Sorry iceheads! El Nino is about to give the early rising ol man winter a kick in the pants! After the arctic blast we are gonna get the next few days, temps are gonna rise up to the 60s and we will have record warmth for november. Get out the sunscreen! indian summers a comin'! I predict another 6 weeks of open water fishin' tongue.gif

Cyb

Cyberfish-
Man-do I hope you're right! It just doesn't "FEEL" right putting the Warrior away this early. Not the way those 18-20's have been hittin the jig and minnow combos. I'll take my chances I guess.-TROY

ps.-I like the way you're thinking!!!!

TROY...Don't do it dont put the boat away! I am not going to winterize my boat at all this year, last year the open water fishing was good all winter, and I had my boat put away, aaaaaa it was a bummer, this year I am going to be ready to fish on those warm winter days! Come on El nino!

So where are you gettin all these nice fish?

Cyb

Cyberfish-{coded message}
Ah,.. what the hay...it's a BIG lake.Surrounded by beautiful BIRCH forests. wink.gif Now that I told you what lake don't forget your STEARNS wear and your waders. I'm sorry I can't tell you my favorite spot this fall but if you know where the first ice shelters are placed-you got the right idea. Chartreuse jig and fathead or gold shiner pretty tight to the bottom has been my best producer. Another tip would be that the "locals" don't bother launching their boats until about 3:00 or later, it's all over by seven. I haven't even tried for an A.M. bite so I can't help you there. -Troy {this post will self destruct in,..5,..4,..3,......}

Cyber...

I made my predictions based on the latest up to date, state of the art, high tech weather forcast which doesn't mention a high reaching over 32 degrees for the next 2 weeks, and lows in the teens and single digits for my neck of the woods....

So I ask you sir, where are your sources?

grin.gif

PCG

Just remember mother nature is a woman and she can be one nasty b****. She always evens it out, so all you fellers planning on hitting the hard water soon are going to be very disappointed. Lots of 50's and 60's in Nov.

I directly control the weather. I don't want to put my boat away so we will have very early ice. If I put my boat away temps in the 60's. If you don't believe me ask my wife. Whatever kind of weather I want just the opposite will occur.

mm

PCG Ummm er heh, uh I was afraid someone was gonna ask me that... Lets just say I am optimistic hehe smile.gif teens and single didgets the next two week in your neck of the woods? brrrrrr! You must be way up near the arctic circle or somthin'
Good luck icefishin' next weekend. I hope I don't hear about ya on the sunday night news!
:o

Cybrrrr blush.gif

MM I usually try to talk people outta puttin' their boats away and enjoying some of the best fishin' of the year, but in your case I say get that boat stored quick!I am starting to see ice on smaller lakes, and now I know who to blame!

Cybrrrrrrrrrrrr

MisterMom, here is another idea to warm things up around here!
After you get your boat put away, get out your snowmobile and your ice house and put them out in the front yard, get out all your ice sticks, put on fresh line, sharpen all your ice jigs, untangle all your tip ups,then get out your auger and fire it up and run it for a long time, while at the same time singing "let it snow" or "white christmas" at the top of your lungs. That should get things warmed up good! thanks!

--Cyberfish...gettin' out my sunscreen

MM
Please put your boat in storage this weekend. If your theory works, Cyb and I will be happy to let you sit in OUR boats during the 50-60 degree days of November!!

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Sheltered bays and backwaters in the Clearwater system are wearing skim ice this morning. I doubt, however, that we'll have safe ice for quite some time, given long-term forecasts. Daytime temps in the 40s, altho perhaps unpleasant, don't make good ice.

I wish we could get one or the other--decent warm-up with some Indian summer, or good freeze.

Sounds like I'd better get off my procrastinating arse and send in my old FL-18 for those updates!!! Do a little dance, make a little ice, get cold tonight!!!! (sorry, I couldn't resist)

I got a system worked out that never fails. I winterized one boat and have the other boat ready and waiting. Then I get one portable fish house out to prep it for the season and leave the second one alone. The power auger can wait. I'll use the Mora for now. Either way I win. Next weekend I'll either be chasing flags or drifting for panfish. Either one is fine with me.

codeman