• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Muzzle loading Qs

I forgot to clean my muzzle -- i know very stupid. It took me 1.5 hours but I think I got it.

Do you guys think it will be ok or is there rust I am not getting?

Silly -- I cleaned my handguns and deer rifle, and shotgun but forgot about the muzzle.

Hard to understand.

The first place I'd worry about is the breach. Make sure your firing hole stays open. The rest you should be able to see. I've had corrosion close a firing hole over an off season and I thought I had that ML cleaned well when I put it away...

Well, you should be okay as far as the powder igniting, but a rusty, pitted, or otherwise corroded barrel could cause some accuracy problems. Run some cleaning patches through it until the patches come out of the barrel clean. Then run a few more patches.

If at all possible, clean the gun immediately after shooting.

I can be a bit obsessive when it comes to cleaning my .54, but I think it's worth it.

Ben