• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

a sad day is on the way

Dahitman44

I know he is chasing birds and eating Ice Cream cones. No question about it.

He is also opening the fridge and taking out a beer for my grandfather -- I taught him that too. Very talented pupper. wink.gif

I"m also sorry for your loss. As you know I went through and very bad situation last March with my dog Thor.

I found that looking at past pics of his life is very healing. You'll see how great his life was and how he appreciated you and your family.

Sorry to hear that its finally come to an end, but I hope the last couple weeks were filled with fun and laughs. One of the best ways to deal with grief is to reach out and share with others. The days will get easier and brighter and Copper will help make it better. Best wishes in your time of grief and good luck with the great times ahead with another great dog.

I'm sorry that you lost your buddy. It's been 6 months since I had to put mine down, and I still think of him. One thing that helped me was I took some of his ashes and put them in a waterproof match container and sealed it. My friend continues to be with me in the field. Also keep a picture in your wallet, it helps.

God speed Boomer

My condolences. I followed your posts in the beginning and wondered how long it would take and I see today life has taken it's course. My "old man" will be nine in October and it scares me to death every time I a read post like yours that someday it'll happen to him. Seems like yesterday he was two months old running across his first experience of what ice was after his first experience of geese into his first experience of water and his first experience of swimming.... A lot of "firsts" have gone under the bridge. Like the first time I realized last year he wasn't a pup anymore. That he's a bit slower then he used to be and that he tires a bit quicker then he used to. I only hope I'm as lucky as you to be the one holding Mav when he finally gets summoned... frown.gif

Hitman, this is a poem that I got from my Vet a couple days after we had to put down our beloved Midnite. Good luck reading it, my eyes sweat quite a bit while I was typing it. I thought that it was pretty cool of her to send it to us, it came with a sympathy card and some flowers. Take care and N Joy the Hunt

The Rainbow Bridge

There is a bridge connecting heaven and earth. It is called the “Rainbow Bridge” because of its many colors. Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows, hills, and valleys with lush green grass.

When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place. There is always food and water and warm spring weather. The old and frail animals are young again. Those who are maimed are made whole again. They play all day with each other.

There is only one thing missing. They are not with their special person who loved them so much on earth. So, each day they run and play until the day comes when one suddenly stops playing and looks up. The nose twitches. The ears are up. The eyes are staring. And this one suddenly runs from the group.

You have been seen, and when you and your special friend meet, you take him or her into your arms and embrace. Your face is kissed again and again and again and you look once more into the eyes of your trusting pet.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together never again to be separated.

Hey there, Hit...

I just read the news... I'm so sorry for your loss. I've got a couple really good "connections" on the other side of the bridge and I'm sure my Cindy (wife) and Rosie ("1st born" E. setter) will show Boomer the ropes...

Boomer will be forever in your memories and your heart. Take care buddy!!