• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Whisker Bisket rest

I shoot a bisquit with carbon and helical vanes. They shoot fine but after some shooting they start to wrinkle, nothing major, just a little. I don't shoot my hunting arrows more than a few times through it just to make sure the fletching doesn't get messed up. I have shot my practice arrows a couple hundred times and they really aren't too bad. I fletch my own arrows so it isn't a real big deal to me. The guy I talked to at the local archery shop said there isn't any fletching that won't wrinkle so I think it is something you might have to deal with.

Quote:

I shoot a bisquit with carbon and helical vanes. They shoot fine but after some shooting they start to wrinkle, nothing major, just a little. I don't shoot my hunting arrows more than a few times through it just to make sure the fletching doesn't get messed up. I have shot my practice arrows a couple hundred times and they really aren't too bad. I fletch my own arrows so it isn't a real big deal to me. The guy I talked to at the local archery shop said there isn't any fletching that won't wrinkle so I think it is something you might have to deal with.

I have noticed the same thing. But some of my old arrows have wrinkle fletching and that was with a normal rest. I really like the Whisker bisket though since it holds it in place that was my complaint with the old one and what prompted me to switch.

I have some blazers that I was going to try when I have some time. I have heard mixed reviews with the blazers and the bisquit so I think I will have to see. The reason I went to the bisquit was the same as IFF, I like not having to worry about the arrow falling off.

Not sure what kind of mixed results you have heard but I don't think you could find a better fletch than blazers for a biscuit. I currenty shoot the 3" super spine Vane-tecs on Gt5575's. I switched to a Limbdriver dropaway. I still fletch blazers for my sons arrows because he shoots a biscuit. I have found that if you don't use a wrap you may have a tougher time with getting them to stick to the shafts. That is the only negative I know of... grin.gif

I have been shooting fletching with my Whisker and I have found that if you do any type of target shooting it doesnt take long for the fletching to get pretty beat up. My biggest complaint of the Wisker is that it is very loud in my opinion. When the fletching goes through the wiskers it makes tons of noise compared to other rests. Does anyone else find this true? Are vains any quieter?