• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

easy as LETS GO FISH

Meaney

I am sitting here right now watching an infomercial on this new INSTANT FISHERMAN.. I have not turned it yet because I am laughing so hard right now!! These commercials are so lame! I like how they make it seem like you are going to keep it in the glove box and then all of a sudden you are catching sharks in the Florida Keys!

LETS GO FISH ahahaha too funny

Those are ridiculous. Last weekend I was flipping through the channels and saw an ad for a fishing pole for kids that was more like a Nerf gun. The bobber collapses around your hook, and you shoot the whole thing like a missile into the water! Its supposed to go 30 feet, and when it hits the water, the bobber opens up to release your hook or lure and it becomes a slip bobber I'm guessing. Pretty wild. I'd like to see one in person and see if it really works. I guess fishing equipment for kids has come a long way from my old Snoopy rod.

I've seen that ad too. I asked out loud "do you think it would work better than my Popeil Pocket Fisherman I had when I was a kid?" The kids kind of looked at me like I was nuts when I tried to explain what that was... grin.gif

Hey I found a picture of them:

mvc-224s.jpg

Ha, good times. I remember one time I hooked into a big ol Carp with this thing. I got about 1/2 way in and it just started reeling backwards as he stripped it right out... laugh.giflaugh.gif

I did not buy a Popeil's Pocket Fishermen one but got one from Grandma for a present about 10 years ago. It is still in the box and never been opened. I may have to try it one day just to say I did. If I can find it.

Quote:

oh man! too funny, I suppose Grandma was always asking you if you were using the gift...
smirk.gif

Luckily she never did. I got to admit it was better than the $5 check and package of hankies she used to give everyone. grin.gif

Or underwear Fishy! How embarrising was it to get a pack of the ole tighty whiteys from gram. As long as you got the finsky along with it everything was ok. I remember one year she got me a CB radio, I was a senior in high school and was not about to mess with my 8 track player (Hendrix and Lynyrd Skynrd were the top 2) by adding no CB radio. I lied and told her it would not hook up to my car and took it back. Sorry God! Just a little white lie to spare her feelings.

Windy

LOL yep i remeber the pocket fisherman I dont remember how I acquired mine. Parents may have just bought it for me when we were at the cabin cause it was unique and was easy to use since I was probaly 6 yrs old. Caught many of panfish off the dock with it after my dad took that rope off of it and replaced it with some decent mono at the time.