• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1750 Lund Outfitter

swedishpimple

Are these boats only available to resorts?? I see lots of resorts run 1750 Outfitters w/ 40 Hondas. My local dealer had a 1750 Outfitter SS on the lot last night. It was a very odd boat. It was a lot like an Alaskan with the exception of the storage and casting platform. In rough seas I don't think it would be safe to use the casting platform. It sits about 6" below the top of the gunwale.

So what gives with these boats...I see they are not even on Lunds HSOforum....US or Canada

Quote:

You could call Lund Directly and they'd answer your question. I have not seen them - and a quick internet search shows a bunch in model year 2005...

Lund's phone number is: 218-385-2235

marine_man

My uncle just fished out of this boat at an outpost.

He liked it.It previously was only available in Canada.

Lund is starting production soon on this boat, and will be on the HSOforum in September! That's all the info I could get from them.

Ive spent about 5 weeks in the 1750 Lund Outfitter. I believe it is made to be a Canada camp boat. I would rate the boat very high. The one I have used was powered by a 50hp 4 stroke Yamaha. It runs the boat at about 32mph /gps with 2 guys and loaded with LOTs of tackle and full of gas. Its not super wide like a Crastliner but still pretty stable for its size. I do wish they would be available here in the US... I think I would consider buying one. I believe the HP rating is 60 on this boat which is plenty.

It should be a good amount less then the Lund Classic and Explorer boats of the same length. Its not as wide as they are and doesnt have all the "frills" like rod storage compartments, etc. I cant wait to see it for sale... I would consider one if its priced right.

Lund made a boat about 10-12 years ago similar to this one... same length and beam 17' 6" and 75" beam... it was called the Lund Pro Guide... a nice boat. The Outfitter that I have used in Canada had Vinyl floors which I really loved and was NON painted Hull... just natural aluminum which I like also. Its just a hard working fishing boat.... hopefully they dont run the price up by making it "pretty".

By the way- The boat I have used is a TILLER. I wouldnt even consider a console boat with a 75" beam. I did see a console Lund Outfitter but but since I am a Tiller guy when it comes to boats UNDER 18' no way I would even give it a second thought.

All the Outfitters I have fished out of and the one I own all have livewells and baitwells. They are great boats and very popular with camps that run better equipment. No complaints here.

Quote:

All the Outfitters I have fished out of and the one I own all have livewells and baitwells. They are great boats and very popular with camps that run better equipment. No complaints here.

Thanks for the posts.

Quote:

Corner sports in Bemidji now has a tiller and a side counsel. Very interesting layout...now live well...but there is a removable ice chest....looks perfect for Lac Suel and their dead fish rules.

Any price tag on those swedish pimple?