• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"New" Country Singers

hanson

The "Sweet Tea" topic got me thinking...

Is anyone else a fan of some of these new country artists?

I'm really getting into guys like Jason Aldean and Rodney Atkins. There are others as well but those are a couple of my favs right now.

How about the "Wreckers" and Carrie Underwood. I think there is a good mix now with some of usuals putting out good hits along with the newbies. I still like Brad Paisely, Faith, Martina and Trace too. Toby must be taking a break, nothing new from him for a little while.

Quote:

Toby must be taking a break, nothing new from him for a little while.

He has a new CD that came out last week I think called "Big Dog Daddy".

I know he isn't very new but I really like Josh Turner

made a few country festivals in the past couple weeks - saw eric church and miranda lambert at winstock. they both can put on a good show. I like how Church has a great appreciation for classic country and rock, and his version of "Cripple Creek" was pretty awesome. carrie underwood was at country USA this past weekend, and don't get me wrong she has a great voice, but she sure knows how to bring a crowd down to their chairs.

Another guy that can rock the house is trent tomlinson - had a sweet rendition of folsom prision blues and can also put on a great show. Only guy that dared climb the stage uprights and sing.

Quote:

Chris, Jason Aldean rocks I even have his hit "HICKTOWN" for a ringer on my phone!!!
grin.gif

"Hicktown" is awesome but watching the video for "Amarillo Sky" made me a huge, huge fan! I grew up in a small town, farming community so I can relate. I had a lot of friends who's parents "lost the farm" so the message in that song really hits home.

His song "Johnny Cash", well... what can ya say. Awesome!

Joe Nichols isn't too new, but man is he good. Me and Mrs.Leechbait went and seen him in Walker in February. Man is he good. He was singing lot's of oldies too, country boy can survive, whiskey river. Another guy I'd like to see live is Brad Paisley.