• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Which Tires?

B_King

I have an '03 Yamaha Beartracker 250 and I am going to be buying tires for it. I would like to get some fairly cheap mud tires, any suggestions? I need like 22-11-10. I have looked at Gators, Mudlites, and i also looked at Superlites. The superlites look the same as the mudlites but they are cheaper. Are they worse or better than the mudlites?

They are probably the same. I have not seen anyone say different. There might be a weight difference though.

On a side note, you don't need mud tires in MN. You have to drive on designated dusty trails only. JMHO

When I said you, I meant we. As in We can only ride where there is no mud or water in this state. They could be useful in the snow though. Every trail I have been on here, you don't need aggressive tires, 4 wheel drive, or even be conscious to ride them.

Roofer,

I do alot of riding in wisconsin, no gravel bottom on the trail, less dusty, less rail road beds. On my next trip there I will post when, if your interested. You will need a trail pass, good for a year, july-july. I have a cabin there, and my inlaws do also, your welcome to come along, pitch a tent and make a weekend out of it, thats what we do. Its about an hour and a half from the metro, NE.

ok i understand now. Up here there is only one designated atv trail. frown.gif One place we ride is an old railroad grade that loggers use now and it gets pretty muddy with any amount of rain. There are other spots around here as well that we ride at and they are not exactly "wetlands".

I will suggest radials tires as they will hold up better and give a better ride, but they are more expensive. Mudlites are not a bad bias-ply tire. The only gripe I have with them is the premature wear of the leading edge of the tread. It doesn't take long for that edge to become mushy and wear out quickly. If you get the lites try to stay away from any paved surface riding. A good alternative to mudlites would be either dirt devils or swamp fox.

As a general rule the cheaper the tire, the quicker it will wear.

Yes, Let me know. Is there room for my RV?

I am actually heading to Cadott next week. Not to atv, but Countryfest. Is it near there?

I'll have to head out there and buy my gas in Wisconsin. I would rather them have my cash.

There should be plenty of room for your rv. If your planning on filling up in cheese land expect about a dime more per gallon. My cabin is between trego and minong. My in laws cabin is between rice lake and birchwood. My inlaws cabin has better trails and thats where we usually ride. I will let you know when we go, I will talk to the wife tonight and start planning a date.

I have 27x12x12 Bearclaws on the rear of my Foreman. At this point they have 6300 miles on them and plenty more left. They have been through everything I can throw at them and never had a puncture yet. They rarely even lose air even after sitting long periods. Good tire!

My 12s are two inches wider than the stock 10s and they are on the same rims. Thats about all I would push it though. Any wider and they start to balloon and you'll have less tread touching the ground, and probably wear the centers out prematurely.