• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where're they at now?

TMF89

General locations of crappies/panfish? Would they just be moving out to deeper water? The lake I'm fishing is pretty shallow, so checking the deeps spots out would be easier than usual. Also, any lures/baits working well lately? Thanks guys!

If the lake your fishing is shallow, check for sand bars, drop offs near shore. Fallen trees, underwater brush piles, overhanging trees may provide prefered cover. Fishing near culverts may provide some action too.

It's likely they will be in 3-6ft water and will be shallow to feed in the evening as usual. If it's a small lake all the Crappies could congregate into one single area.

For fathers day my 4 1/2 year old son and I hit a south metro lake from 12 to 3 and he was just hammering the 7" to 8" sunnies I was amazed because it has been years sense I've seen sunnies that size he must of caught at least 30 and all came from one spot about 15' dia in a 2' and less depth right against shore. We kept 11 of them and that is what we had for dinner last night they sure did taste good. The bait of choice was little bobber plain hook and nightcrawlers.

Del thanks this is really the first time in 2 years of taking him out fishing where I just sat there and watched him fish he loves it so much. Normally when he goes with me I'm always fishing for bass because seems that I'm always prefishing for a tournament and he goes with and also fishes and still catches sunnies and also has fun, but fater's day it felt good to just sit and let him catch all the fish and show dad how to do it what a great day it was.

They were biting where I was fishing on Sunday. Got some nice ones, 8 to 9 inch gills and some bonus crappies, right up next to the heavy weeds in 3 feet of water. We also picked some up drifting in about 8 feet of water.

I tried different kinds of plastics, jigs, gulp, minnows, the only thing they seemed to be interested in was a half of a nightcrawler.

Yeah, good advice, they gotta be there somewhere. I'm fishing from shore and I covered the 200-300 accessible yds that I had been fishing. I'll try again in a few days. and get some distance out there. Anyone ever try a carolina set-up to get some distance and keep it 2-3' off the bottom?. I used to surf fish with plastic grubs that way. Once you find the hole, there all there.