• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Building Brick Fishhouse

tongue.gif

Don't laugh so quickly guys. The last time I was on Upper Red, the wind was so bad that ya needed a brick shanty just to keep from getting blown off the ice.
Remember the wisdom of the third little pig 'cause we all know mother nature can sure "huff and puff and blow your house" into the next county. grin.gif

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Little fishy swims to the surface, looks at the bait, and smacks it hard.

Yes..you are the little fishy that got taken by the topic title. smile.gif

Me Too - HOOK-LINE-AND SINKER grin.gif

Got me too, I have witnessed a few shantys over the years toppled by high late winter winds, for a permanent shack, think strength vs. weight on all structural components.

Clayton,
I have pictures of a brick fishhouse complete with a brick chimney.
We put it out on clearwater lake in the early 80's thru mid 80's.
My uncle had access to a product comprised of
marble dust and silica sand. Just add cement, water and bonding agent and spray it on. Ofcourse the masking of the mortar joints was a pain staking process.
Needless to say, we had many curious visitors.
I don't have the knowledge or means of forwarding the pictures via cyber mail but for your entertainment I would be willing to forward them to you via U.S. postal.
Let me know...

Scupper.

[email protected]

I've heard of a brick schmidt house but not a brick fish house. Yeah, I had to look too. A topic like that has alot of "manifold pressure." Literally got sucked in!

What ever keeps you warm and on the ice.
Hope to see everyone this winter I just seen my first iced puddle this si a good sign that we could be fishing by Thanksgiving.
Later
Tim