• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Riding mowers?

Red Cabin

I am in the market for a new lawn tractor and I noticed there does'nt seem to be much difference between sears, poulan, MTD, husqvarna. Are they all built by the same company and given different paint jobs? Is John Deere or toro worth the extra $$$?

If you decide to go with the John Deere Sabre line it's not worth the extra $$$. They are built much cheeper then the regular John Deere line. I'm not to familiar with the toro line though. I believ MTD makes Cub Cadet, Troy Built, yard Machines, White, Yard Man.

Quote:

If you decide to go with the John Deere Sabre line it's not worth the extra $$$. They are built much cheaper then the regular John Deere line. I'm not to familiar with the toro line though. I believe MTD makes Cub Cadet, Troy Built, yard Machines, White, Yard Man.

Right on the button, MTD does make all of those with the Cub being there top of the line. the Sabre line from Deere is made for the box stores. Home Depot and are not up to standards. John Deere is a good mower. I have had a couple MTD's cut a lot of grass. Easy to repair an find parts for.

Poulan, Craftsman, and Husqvarna are not built by MTD, they are built by AYP (American Yard products) division of electrolux. At least that was the case 2 years ago when I bought my Craftsman mower. Its been good to me so far.