• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How to make your dog puke

Jameson

I recently had a dog get into some old mouse poison. I brushed the dogs teeth of poison and tried gagging the dog to make it puke. No puking. A quick call to the ER vet, and I was told to make the dog puke. How? Hydrogen per oxide down the poor dog's throat. I was able do get the job done with quick hands, a slow dog, and a small cup, but a turkey injector was recommended by the vet. One, two minutes later, most my worries were spread in several puddles in the yard. I promptly cleaned up the puddles to prevent re-poisoning.

Anybody else have a method to make a dog puke?

I was told by a friend to use salt when she first ate some poison but I was afraid of getting it in her eyes, nose, lungs. Called the vet and he recommended the hydrogen peroxide...worked pretty slick and in a half an hour she was back to normal.

We just did this last week with our 1 year old lab. He ate a green tea bag. The vet recommended we induce vomitting by giving him 6 ounces of hydrogen peroxide. He drank about 3 ounces and he started throwing up, including the tea bag.

I used Hydrogen Peroxide to get a dog of mine to puke up my daughters mitten. Worked pretty well. Had to buy my daughter new mittens, though. Just be sure that what you're trying to get the dog to puke up won't cause more damage on the way back up rather then leaving it in it's gut. An example would be drain cleaner.

Take 2 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide. Take a measuring spoon and pour down the dog’s throat, and hold the muzzle until dog swallows. Wait about 5-10 minutes and you will have fresh chum in the back yard.