• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Motor died during loading

SDbowhunter

My motor died while I was trying to power it on to my trailer the last time I had it out. I have a 1992 Evenrude 90 horse 2 stoke. It started up immediately and and ran fine after the first few failed attempts to load but it did it 7 or 8 times in a row before i had enough speed to get it up the trailer. What could of caused it to act like that?

Quote:

My motor died while I was trying to power it on to my trailer the last time I had it out. I have a 1992 Evenrude 90 horse 2 stoke. It started up immediately and and ran fine after the first few failed attempts to load but it did it 7 or 8 times in a row before i had enough speed to get it up the trailer. What could of caused it to act like that?

Were you low on fuel????

My first thought is check compression.

Honestly a small incident like this wouldn't worry me too much, if there's a definite pattern on this and continuous incidents then I would try to get some attention.